Sunday 17 February 2013

Yes and No: Jennifer Lawrence and Strapless Dresses

Strapless dresses are very common in the Red Carpet and young American actress Jennifer Lawrence seems to be a fan. The Academy Award winner always seems to put the Red Carpet on fire with her choice of gown and sometimes for the worst reason. Let's take a look.

YES

Jennifer Lawrence wore this beautiful red Dior Haute Couture gown during the 2013 Golden Globes. Even though she didn't know what «Haute» means, she rocketed it. This gown looks amazing on her and the belt gives the final touch of elegance. Red is her color, obviously. I adore the clutch also. The hairstyle is simple but it works in this look. Although the diamond earrings are not one of my favorites. Adorable yet sensual - a total «Yes».

NO

At the 2011 BAFTA ceremony, Jennifer Lawrence wore this Stella McCartney navy blue gown. She seemed to be fighting against this gown all over the ceremony because it was always falling down. It was not a good choice at all. Jennifer truly is gorgeous but that doesn't give other people the right to dress her like this! Personally I hate this gown and I think the corset is too small for her and the skirt is too big. I don't understand the «Victorian-Gothic thing» of the necklace either. And that hairstyle is so messy it seems it's going to fall apart anytime soon. Total «No»!

 YES 

In the 2013 BAFTA ceremony, Jennifer Lawrence wore a crystal embellished Dior dress from the label’s spring 2013 Haute Couture collection designed by Raf Simons. She looks like an angel, I must say. Light colors look amazing on Jennifer and this gown is amazingly beautiful. Although she looks gorgeous, I dislike that hairstyle so badly... I will never understand why women want to wear that «greasy» look, but whatever I adore this gown and she looks fantastic on it.

 NO

Jennifer Lawrence wore this Christian Dior Couture gown from his Fall 2012 collection for Toronto International Film Festival 2013. Okay, let me be clear about this: I adore this gown but not on her. The gown is beautiful but somehow does not match her skin tone or her height. The make-up, although, looks amazing on her and I adore seeing her as a brunette, but she kind of looks like an «evil twin sister» of herself. And that kind of shoe with that gown doesn't goes well… No, no, no. I dislike seeing her in this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment